At Midnight New Year´s Eve it is tradition to enjoy marzipan cakes (kransekage) together with champagne/sparkling wine, when the bell will ring it´s 12 strokes.
This year I have been using this recipe from Femina on raspberry - lime marzipan cake. I think, that my good friends in Horsens are relieve to see, that no liquorice is part of these marzipan cake :-)
The advantage of baking your own marzipan cakes is, that you decided on both the sweetness level as well as the taste of these cakes, if you want to twist the taste. For other suggestions for marzipan cake
Marzipan cake with raspberry and lime: - 25-30 pieces
- 250 g marzipan
- 100 g icing sugar
- 20 g egg white
- 2 tablespoon of freeze-dried raspberries
- 1 organic lime - only the zest finely chopped
- Decoration: icing sugar - optional
- Heat the oven to 210'C (conventional oven).
- Add marzipan, icing sugar, egg white, lime zest and freeze-dried raspberry into a medium mixing bowl.
- Knead the marzipan cake together by hand.
- Divide the marzipan cake mass into smaller portions, which is rolled by hand into thinner rolls. Cut each roll into 3-4 pieces of equal size.
- Bake the marzipan cake mass at 210'C for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool down the marzipan cake.
- Decorate the top of the marzipan cake with icing sugar - optional.
- Let the icing sugar dry.
- Enjoy !!!!