I looove strawberry cake/pie !!!!! But I DO NOT understand, how a baker without blinking can charge 70 DKK (=9,50 €) for one strawberry cake, which hardly can serve more than 3-4 persons !!!!!! I will look at the price and decided, that this is TOOOO demanding. So I am not buy any strawberry cakes/pie at the Danish bakers in protest against these prices.
So I have start my own project on developing my own favourite and easy to make strawberry cake/pie. And this recipe here is version 1.0. And there is still plenty of room for further improvements, but it is a good first shot. My first focus is on to get the bottom layer perfect.
This pie bottom could have been perfect, if only I had bake ½ the amount, as the baked portion was giving to big a bottom layer. However, the taste is great. And the cake "judges" did their very best to eat up the entire cake, but I had to call in the help of my neighbor to finish the job (thank you number 16 :-)))))
So I will look at other pie bottom options. And I will also be on the look-out for a vanilla cream layer. I will keep you posted on version 1.1 of the "important" cake task !!!!
Do you have a favourite strawberry cake/pie recipe ?
Odense marcipan recipe
- 2 large eggs or 3 medium eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 150 g wheat flour /cake flour version
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g marzipan
- Peel of 1 orange - organic
- 1 tablespoon orange flower extract
- 60-100 g dark chocolate
- Heat the oven to 200'C - normal oven
- Whip egg and sugar into a thick cream.
- Add the flour and baking powder into the cream. I just used the electrical whipper.
- Shred the orange peel
- Add orange peel and orange flower extract
- Shred the marzipan and add it as well into the dough
- Cover a silicone form (24-28 cm) with baking paper.
- Pour the dough into the baking form.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200'C
- Cool down the pie.
- Melt dark chocolate and cover the surface of the pie with it.
- Let the chocolate cool down
- Make the vanilla cream filling (here I just a ready-to-use mix and I dare to admit it !) - ½ l cream filling.
- Cover the pie with the cream filling.
- Cover the cream filling with 500 g fresh strawberries
- Eat and BE HAPPY :-))