The addition of eggs is not needed, but I had some eggs in the refrigerator getting close to end of shelf-life.
The pie is quiet big, so I have been filling my small freezer with pie pieces, ready to for lunch at work for quiet many days :-)
Pie with ham, potato and feta cheese:
- 2 ready-to-use rolls of pie dough
- 150 g spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 150 g feta cheese
- 200 g potato, cooked and cut into cubs
- 200 g ham, cut into squares
- 250 g mushrooms, cut into slices
- 3 eggs
- Heat the oven to 200'C.
- Heat the oil on a pan or cooking pot
- Fry the chopped onion
- Add the sliced mushrooms, fry them until they reduced in size.
- Add spinach and chopped garlic.
- Remove the pan/cooking pot from the heat.
- Add potato, ham, feta.
- Season with pepper, nutmeg and basil. I did not salt, as the feat cheese is containing a lot of salt.
- Cover a pie form with one roll of the pie dough. Pinch the pie dough with a fork.
- Add the filling into the pie form.
- Whip the eggs together and pour them over the pie filling.
- Cover the pie filling with the second roll of pie dough. Close it tight. Make holes in pie dough to let the steam out during the baking.
- Place the in the oven.
- Bake at 200'C for 30 minutes.