|Beautiful violets - before I picked all their petals|
However, in beginning of March month I found this recipe on home-made sweet violet sugar violet sugar on the lovely blog called Lavender and Lovage by Karen.
|Where is my "human" ?|
Picking and using violet petals in my kitchen is fitting perfect into my New Year 2012 resolutions of becoming better in using the seasonal herbs, flowers and fruit, which you freely can collect in Mother Nature.
When people ask me, what are you actual going to use this sugar or this syrup for, I most of the times have no clue about this. For me it is more fun to make these thing, then plan ahead and decided on how to actual use the stuff. However, I will keep you posted on how I am using more this violet sugar as well as the violet syrup.
- Violet petals
- Pick the violet - only using the violet petals. Place the petals in a bowl.
- Use a storage glass as container for this sugar.
- First fill the bottom of the glass with violet petals.
- Afterwards fill sugar on top of the violets.
- When again fill violets petals on top of sugar. Continue like until the glass is full or you run out of violets petals.
- Close the glass and shake it.
- Shake it regular during the coming 7 days.
- After 7 days you can remove the violets and use the sugar. Or you maintain the violet petals in the sugar, as they are quiet decorative.