April 30, 2012

Planting potatoes 2012


Again this year my "usual" supplier of potatoes (a good working colleague) has provided me with a small selection of potatoes. I received potatoes of the following sorts: Sava - Ditta - Arielle and Linzer, which all should be of the earlier types.

This year I decided to plant my potatoes in a new pot type, which I have mentioned in a gardening magazine. The pot is "potato pot" and you can bye them here: http://www.potatopot.com.

Using this type of potato pot should allow you to keep picking potatoes from below the earth surface during the entire growing season.

I will keep you posted on, how I evaluated these potatoes pots as well as how my potatoes are growing.

Potato pots and Hannibal the Cat sleeping in his favourite corner

2 comments:

  1. Jeg vil også sætte mine kartofler i sorte potter. Dog tror jeg, man skal passe på med at stille dem i solen, for tror du ikke, at de sorte potter vil suge for megen varme?
    Elsebeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Elsebeth !

      Yderst relevant spørgsmål. I de to foregangne sæson har jeg dyrket kartofler i nogle grå metalkasser på min terasse, som er syd-vendt, så kasserne med kartoflerne har fået rigtig meget sol. Og det har fungeret meget godt. Hvordan det vil gå med kartoflerne i disse sorte potter har jeg ingen anelse om, men jeg vil holde dig og andre opdateret herpå.

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...