April 09, 2012

Easter Egg with elder flower


Easter Egg either in form of plain chocolate or as combination of chocolate and marzipan is a very typical "candy" in connection with Easter. Normally you will buy these Easter Eggs, however, I have for the very first time been making my own Easter Eggs. The first version is Easter Egg with elder flower cordial. I decided to use this recipe from Odense Marcipan paaskeaeg med hyldeblomst.

My overall impression is, that the use of white chocolate for these Easter Eggs is giving something, which is quiet sweet, so another time I would use dark chocolate instead of. Also I find it a little tricky to work with the white chocolate for the coating part.

I still need some more training in forming the marzipan mass into egg shape.


Easter Egg with elder flower: - 15 pieces


  1. Knead the marzipan, elder flower cordial and icing sugar together.
  2. Divide the marzipan mass into 15 pieces and roll them into egg shape.
  3. Melt the white chocolate - I am using the microwave oven for this purpose.
  4. Coat the marzipan eggs with white chocolate
  5. Decorate the marzipan eggs
  6. Let the chocolate coating settle, before they are placed in tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...