April 27, 2012

Snack nuts a la Isabella


I have found this recipe on snack nuts on the magazine "Isabella" issue 2 from 2012. And as I had all the mentioned nuts available in my kitchen cupboards, I decided to try them out.

They are very, very easy to make AND they taste great with some spiciness from the soy sauce. I served those nuts for "Stilpigerne" and they were crazy out them, so the majority of these nuts found the way into their mouths. I had actually made three portions of these snack nuts !!!!! and I was left with no left-overs !!!


Snack nuts a la Isabella:

  • 30 g hazel nuts
  • 30 g almonds
  • 30 g cashew nuts
  • 2 tablespoons seamen seeds
  • 1 dl soy sauce
  1. Roast the nuts on a warm dry frying pan until the cashew nuts turn light brown in their colour. Stir regular
  2. Add the seamen seeds and let them pop.
  3. Add the soy sauce. BE CAREFUL doing this, as some of the soy sauce will turn into steam, when add into the hot frying pan.
  4. Stir well and let the soy sauce boil into the nuts.
  5. Empty the nuts on to a piece of baking paper.
  6. Cool down the nuts, before you place them in a container.
  7. The shelf-life is approx. 14 days, unless your guests eat them before this end of shelf-life !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...