I have found this recipe on snack nuts on the magazine "Isabella" issue 2 from 2012. And as I had all the mentioned nuts available in my kitchen cupboards, I decided to try them out.
They are very, very easy to make AND they taste great with some spiciness from the soy sauce. I served those nuts for "Stilpigerne" and they were crazy out them, so the majority of these nuts found the way into their mouths. I had actually made three portions of these snack nuts !!!!! and I was left with no left-overs !!!
Snack nuts a la Isabella:
- 30 g hazel nuts
- 30 g almonds
- 30 g cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons seamen seeds
- 1 dl soy sauce
- Roast the nuts on a warm dry frying pan until the cashew nuts turn light brown in their colour. Stir regular
- Add the seamen seeds and let them pop.
- Add the soy sauce. BE CAREFUL doing this, as some of the soy sauce will turn into steam, when add into the hot frying pan.
- Stir well and let the soy sauce boil into the nuts.
- Empty the nuts on to a piece of baking paper.
- Cool down the nuts, before you place them in a container.
- The shelf-life is approx. 14 days, unless your guests eat them before this end of shelf-life !!!!