At the same time as I was making the Easter Egg with elder flower, I decided to make some different Easter Eggs with nougat and liquorice using this recipe paskeaeg med nougat og lakrids from Odense Marcipan.
I found it to be more difficult to turn these Easter Eggs into an actual egg shape, as I did not want to squeeze the nougat mass out of the egg. However, it was quiet easy to use dark chocolate for the coating part.
As to the tasting part, I would like to have a stronger taste of liquorice in these Easter Eggs, so another time I would double the amount of liquorice powder from 1 teaspoon to 1½-2 teaspoons. This combination of nougat and liquorice did also give me an idea for some Christmas Candy, even though there is a long time to Christmas.
Easter Egg with nougat and liquorice: - 15 pieces
- 300 g marzipan
- 150 g nougat
- 1 teaspoon English liquorice powder
- 150 g dark chocolate
- Soften the nougat by heating it up in the microwave oven.
- Stir the liquorice powder into the nougat.
- Divide the marzipan into 15 pieces.
- Turn the marzipan mass into a thin layer.
- Place the nougat mass in the middle. Cover the nougat mass totally in the marzipan mass. And turn the marzipan mass into egg shape.
- Melt the dark chocolate - I am using the microwave oven for this purpose.
- Coat the marzipan mass with dark chocolate.
- Let the chocolate coating try, before you place the marzipan eggs in tin(s)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.