|Green is good for your eyes|
I decided to increase the amount of butter, onion and dairy whipping cream as the courgette were size L/XL.
This soup is having a fantastic delicate taste with a good full mouth feel. And green is good for your eyes :-)
Pea and courgette soup a la Country Living: - serves 4
|Boiling peas and courgettes|
- 50 g butter
- 2 medium onions - chopped
- 2 large courgettes - diced
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 300 g peas - ready-shelled
- 1 dl dairy whipping cream - 38% fat
- 50 g peas - ready-shelled
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the onions and cover. Gently fry for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced courgette and crushed garlic. Stir and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, when add the peas. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in the pot.
- Stir in the cream and the remaining 50 g peas.
- Serve and let your eyes feast on this wonderful green colour.