This is the third reciep in a row having focus on plum - plum and yet some more plums.
Again I am using smaller plums with firm texture, as I will be boiling those plums and still would like to some texture left in the final dessert.
As usual I have a preference of trying out new recipes again instead of keeping repeating over and over the same old recipes, so I am always on the look out for new recipes to try in my little kitchen. This time is a recipe from www.dansukker.dk/portvinsblommer, which I am having a go at.
Plums in port a la Dansukker:
- 500 g plums - half and without stone
- 3 dl port
- 250 g dark Muscovado sugar
- potassium sorbat - optional
- Clean the plums, cut them in half and remove the stone.
- Place them in pot and fill the port on top. I use a small saucer in order to keep the plums down in the port, so they are floating around.
- Leave the plums for minimum 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add the dark Muscovado sugar and stir well.
- Add boiling water to the storage glass.
- Add everything into a cooking pot.
- Let the plum boil softly for 5 minutes
- Empty the glass for the hot water.
- Pour everything into the storage glass
- Serve the plums either warm or cold together with whipped (dairy) cream or ice cream