With these Valentine cookies I am giving these cookies with ginger and white chocolate my translation of Valentine Day. The buisness aspect of Valentine Day is buying roses and chocolate to your love according to the commercials !!!! I have translated this into: love (pomegranate kernels having the shape of a heart), chocolate (pieces of white chocolate) and roses (rose extract).
Last year I was baking these Valentine Romance scones, which I this year have submitted into a Norwegian blog competition, and you start to vote on my scones tomorrow Friday after 12.00 CET until Sunday 24.00 CET, which I would very much appreciate, if you did :-)
- 125 g butter - soft
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon Monin rose extract
- 1½ dl (cake) flour
- ½ dl oat flakes
- ½ tea spoon baking powder
- 1/4 tea spoon salt
- 100 g white chocolate
- 4 tablespoon pomegranata kernels
- Whip the soft butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and rose extract into the butter-egg mass and whip again.
- Add flour, oat flakes, baking powder and salt into the cookie dough.
- Break the white chocolate into smaller pieces and stir them and pomegranata kernels into the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough to a height of 5 cm.
- Wrap the cookie dough in cling film.
- Let the cookie dough rest in the refrigerator for minimum 1 hour or night over or place it in the freezer for ½ hour.
- Heat the oven (conventional oven) to 200'C.
- Cut the cookie roll into pieces of 1 cm and place those on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for approx 10-12 minutes.