This evening the annual Fish Dinner Evening together with good rowing friends will take place again. And again I got the task of making the dessert just like last year and again I decided to make home.made ice cream, this time liquorice ice cream using the liquorice combination from the ultimate liquorice ice cream by Klidmoster.
The liquorice ice cream will be a part of a dessert symphony, where I will share the exact combination with you later on.
When I make home-made ice cream, I will make it more or less the same day, as you should eat it in order to avoid the creation of the BIG unpleasant ice crystals. I will maximum make the ice cream 2 days in advance again in order to avoid the BIG ice crystals.
And another good advice of mine is to make the ice cream mix the evening before, so it can cool down night over in the refrigerator before you freeze in the ice cream machine.
And the final good advice is to eat the ice cream relative soon after the creation, but this should not be a problem with great home-made ice cream :-)
Home-made liquorice ice cream: - 6 servings
- 250 g dairy whipping cream with 38% fat
- 350 g milk - 0.1-3.5% fat
- 2 tablespoon glucose syrup
- 175 g sugar
- 8 (pasteurised) egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons English liquorice powder
- 1 tablespoon raw liquorice powder
- Whip the sugar and egg yolks together in a foamy mass.
- Add the whipping cream, milk, liquorice powders and glucose syrup to a cooking pot.
- Heat the cream-milk up to the boiling point, while you keep agitating in the cooking pot.
- Remove the cream-milk mass from the heat and whip in the sugar-egg yolk mass.
- Cold down this ice cream mix for min 4 hours.
- Meanwhile cool down the ice cream machine bowl in the freezer.
- Run the ice cream mix on the ice cream machine for 25 minutes.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer.