Ever since I have been living in the England, I have been a big fan of a good curry with medium strength of spiciness. And making a curry allows you to "get ride" of various vegetable left-overs in your refrigerator in a delicious tasty way.
I have found this recipe in weekly newsletter issue 1/2013 from Årstiderne. I have changed the beans from the plains (which I really dislike) into Edam beans and added into some carrots to get some colour in this curry.
Chicken curry with vegetable: - 4 servings
- 280 g chicken breast – chop in chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 teaspoon dark syrup
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger – diced
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger syrup
- 1 x 400 g coconut milk
- 1 romanesco - cut in small florets
- 400 g Edam beans
- 3 carrots - sliced
- Heat up the oil in a large cooking pot. Fry the chicken chunks.
- Add the curry paste and let it fry together with the chicken for a short period.
- Add the syrup, ginger and ginger syrup and coconut milk, let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Afterwards add the romanesco, Edan beans and carrots, and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with coriander.
- Serve together with rice.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.