This tomato soup with cream is having a great creamy taste and texture being another type of Winter comfort food.
If I have any leftovers of dairy cream from other food activities in my kitchen, I will be placing those smaller portions of ½-1 dl dairy cream in small containers and placing them in the freezer. Many times, when you need dairy cream for a portion of soup, you can easy pick out the right amount of containers with cream from the freezer.
Tomato soup with cream: - 4 servings
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - chopped
- 340 g mashed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Sonnentor Hot Stuff (spice mix of paprika, garlic, thyme, chili, oregano, rosemary, basil, black pepper, rose flowers, marigold and sun flower)
- 2 teaspoon Herbamare herb stocking
- ½ l water
- 2-3 dl dairy whipping - 35-40% fat
- 200 g soup pasta horns
- mix of butter and oil for frying the meat and onion
- salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Fry the onions in the hot oil together with the Sonnentor Hot Stuff in a larger cooking pot.
- Add mashed tomatoes, water and Herbamare vegetable stock into the cooking pot.
- Let everything softly for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the soup pasta horns in a separate cooking pot, so they do not pick up water from the soup.
- Blend the soup and add in the cream. Let the soup cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the soup paste horn into the soup.
- Serve together with bread.