For another monthly blogging challenge called "Cooking with herbs" hosted by Linzi Barrow from Lancashire Food and Linzi Karen has selected fresh herbs has been selected as theme for June 2014
For this challenge I have selected cold potato salad, where all the vegetable ingredients actually have been harvested in my very own little kitchen garden, which is living in various pots. The potatoes are growing in potato pots, the cherry tomatoes is growing in a big green ceramic pot, while parsley and chives are growing in some smaller green ceramic pots.
You can either boil the potatoes, which you need for this potato salad or you can use any left-over potatoes from your evening meal. While the potatoes are as fresh as they are now with a very tiny skin, I boil the potatoes with the skin after a good clean.
Cold potato salad with fresh herbs: - 1 serving
- 4-5 boiled potatoes - sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh cheese/fromage frais
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 cherry tomatoes - slided - optional
- Mix the potato salad dressing together from fresh cheese, mustard, fresh parsley and fresh chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the potato slices into the dressing part.
- Let the potato salad stand cold in the refrigerator for minimum ½ hour or night over.
- Served cold together with some meatballs or sausages.