June 19, 2014

Grain bread a la Lékué


I am getting more and more acquainted with my new Lékué bread form, which I got as one of the birthday gifts from my rowing friends, as I keep trying out the various recipes from the small recipe booklet, which came along with the bread form.

This time it is a grain bread recipe, which I tried in my new kitchen equipment.

It is possible to use the bowl shape of the Lékué bread from as a kneading form for hand kneading. However, ever since my trustworthy kitchen helper has moved in, I am using my KitchenAid for all my bread kneading.

Another time I will use all the amount of seeds for roasting, as they basic are falling off the bread, when you take it out the bread form. Less than half the seeds are needed.

Grain bread: - 1 bread

  • 250 g wheat flour
  • 165 g water
  • 6 g salt
  • 5 g yeast
  • 10 g pumpkin seed
  • 10 g linseed
  • 10 g sunflower seed
  • 6 g Nigella seed
  • 6 g white poppy seed
  • 6 g blue poppy seed
For the bread surface:
  • 10 g pumpkin seed
  • 10 g linseed
  • 10 g sunflower seed
  • 6 g Nigella seed
  • 6 g white poppy seed
  • 6 g blue poppy seed
  1. Start by roasting the seeds for the surface in the oven for 180'C for 5 minutes.
  2. Cool down the roasted seeds. 
  3. Moisten the seeds with water and place them in the refrigerator, until they should be used on the surface of the bread.
  4. Weigh all the ingredients into the mixing bowl. 
  5. Knead everything together on the Kitchen Aid using speed 2 for 4-6 minutes.
  6. Put the bread dough into the Lékué bread form for raising at room temperature for 2 hours. Cover the bread form with a tea towel.
  7. Cover the surface of the bread with the roasted seeds.
  8. Let the bread dough raise at room temperature for another 30 minutes in a closed bread form.
  9. Place the bread dough in the closed Lékué bread form in a closed oven without heat over a bowl full of boiling water for another 30 minutes of raising.
  10. Remove the dough from the oven. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
  11. Bake the dough in a closed Lékué bread form in the lower part of the oven for 30 minutes at 200'C.
  12. Cool down the bread on a oven grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...