This is a very juicy and great tasting apple cake coming from the use of Muscovado sugar, cinnamon and grated apples. I have located the recipe in the magazine "Countryliv" (issue 01/2014). I have made no changes at all to it.
Depending on the size of the tray form, the baking time needs to be adjusted. Instead of the 30 minutes baking time, the cake, which I baked needed 45 minutes, so you really needs to check the consistency of the cake during the baking.
Apple cake with raisins and almonds:
- 3 eggs
- 150 g dark Muscovado sugar
- 125 g butter - soft
- 185 g (cake) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 4 small apples - roughly grated
- 100 g raisins
- 1 tablespoon (cake) wheat flour
- 40 g almond splits
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 175'C
- Whip egg and sugar together using an electrical whipper.
- Add in the soft butter and whip again.
- Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon in the dough and whip everything together.
- Stir in the grates apples.
- Mix the raisins and tablespoon of flour together. Add the raisin into the dough as well. By mixing the raisins with some flour, it is ensured, that the raisins will be remain everywhere in the cake dough instead of dropping to the bottom of the cake during baking.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Pour the dough into the baking tray.
- Covered the surface of the cake with almonds.
- Bake the cake at 175'C for 30-45 minutes on the second lowest shelf.
- Check the cake is baked, before removing it from the oven.
- Let the cake cold down in the baking tray.
- Cut the cake into squares, before serving it.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.