Today it is Good Friday being the second day of the Danish Easter vacation. Today should be an easy baking day, so therefore I making scones again using inspiration from the Easter Egg in form of marzipan and milk chocolate.
These scones are to the sweet side due to the use of marzipan and milk chocolate.
Easter Scones: - 12 pieces
- 450 g all pupose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 50 g sugar
- 125 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2 dl milk
- 100 g marzipan - roughly grates
- 100 g milk chocolate - roughly chopped
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
- Grind the butter pieces into the flour mix.
- Add the milk and egg without kneading it a dough.
- Place the dough on a pieces of baking paper.
- Roll the dough into a longer roll.
- Heat the oven (conventional) to 250'C.
- Cut slices of the scone dough with a size of 3 cm.
- Bake the scone at 250'C for 10-15 minutes.