Today it is Easter Saturday, which is the third day in the Danish Easter vacation. Today we should enjoy some Easter waffles for a brunch, before we seek out the supermarkets for a new round of food shopping for the rest of the Easter vacation.
Therefore I decided to turn these sweet waffles into a Easter version by adding in marzipan.
Vanilla Waffles: - 8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 410 g milk
- 240 g (cake) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 110 g butter - melted
- 50 g marzipan - roughly grated
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 220'C.
- Whip milk and egg together by hand in a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted butter.
- Add flour, salt, sugar, marzipan and baking powder. And stir everything into a homogeneous mass.
- Place the silicone waffler forms on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Pour the waffler dough in the silicone forms.
- Bake the wafflers in the middle of the oven at 220'C for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove the wafflers from the oven, de-mould the wafflers from the silicone by turning up-side-down and place the wafflers on the baking tray itself.
- Bake the wafflers with pattern side at 220'C for 6-8 minutes until they turn golden.
- Serve together with fresh fruit and ahorn syrup.