Today is Easter Monday or second Easter day, which is the the final Easter vacation day here in Denmark. So tomorrow the normal working day starts again for many people !!! but not me, as I am continue the Easter vacation until Monday 13 April.
As the Easter is getting to an end, I think it is time to finally use up the last marzipan and chocolate remaining in the cupboards from Christmas. We have a saying in Denmark, that Christmas lasts until Easter !!!
One way of using up the finally marzipan and chocolate is to make classic Easter eggs, which is a core of marzipan roll into an egg shape, and afterwards dip into the melted chocolate. You can easily twist the taste with elder flower cordial, nougat and liquorice or plenty of liquorice.
UPDATE 13 March 2016:
These Easter eggs are being forward for the monthly blogging event Tea Time Treats having the theme of Easter and Spring. Tea Time Treast is managed by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers.
- 300 g marzipan
- 100-150 g dark or milk chocolate
- Divide the marzipan mass into 15 pieces and roll them into egg shape.
- Melt the chocolate - take the time and make a proper tempering of the chocolate.
- Coat the marzipan eggs with chocolate
- Decorate the marzipan eggs
- Let the chocolate coating settle, before they are placed in tins.