I have been baking the first wafers on my new kitchen equipment (Tefal Snack Collection). I started out with an easy recipe modification using a recipe from the equipment. The modification is, that replaced the vanilla pod with cinnamon, so I could get started on the assignment of using one of more of the following ingredients in form of lemon, cinnamon, apple, cumin and Greek yogurt.
The amount of added cinnamon fills the kithcen with a lovely flavour during the baking process. In order to tick of another ingredients from the list, I served these wafers with apple syrup.
I still have to get acquainted with the baking time, when making wafers, so I was targeting approx 2-3 minutes in baking time per wafers, which could be adjusted to 3-4 minutes. However, it is not funny eating wafers with black colour.
Wafers with cinnamon and apple syrup: - 2 servings
- 60 g (cake) wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml milk
- 50 g butter - melted
- 2 egg whites - whipped
- Whip the egg white stiff.
- Melt the butter and mix in the cold milk.
- Add flour, sugar, cinnamon and egg yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the milk-butter liquid into the mixing bowl, while whipping. whip the mass homogeneously.
- Gentle stir the whipped egg white in the wafer dough.
- Heat up the wafer equipment.
- Bake each wafer approx 3-4 minutes.
- Served at once together with apple syrup.