An easy sweet treat, which takes no time to make, if you have some ready-to-use puff pastry. I have locate the recipe in the weekly magazine "Søndag", issue 09/2016.
The combination of apple, marzipan and white chocolate works perfect with each other with freshness from the apple, structure from the marzipan and sweetness from the white chocolate.
The inner part can be made from various combinations.
Puff pastry with apple, marzipan and white chocolate: - 8 pieces
- 1 pack of ready-to-use puff pastry
- 50 g marzipan - roughly grated
- 1 apple - finely chopped
- 50 g white chocolate - roughly grated
- 1 egg - whipped together for glazing purpose
- icing sugar for decoration
- Heat up the oven to 190'C.
- Punch 16 circles with a diameter for 8 cm from the puff pastry dough.
- Mix the apple pieces, grated marzipan's and white chocolate into a homogeneously looking mass.
- Glaze 8 of the dough circles with whipped egg.
- Place the filling of apple, marzipan and white chocolate in a pile on top of the egg glazed dough circles.
- Cover the filling with another dough circle, pressing the edges together using a fork.
- Glaze the top dough circle with whipped egg.
- Bake the puff pastry in the upper of the oven at 190'C for 10-15 minutes.
- Prior to serving sprinkle the puff pastry with icing sugar.