March 10, 2016

Afternoon tea at Salotorget


During a recent business trip to Finland I noticed, that afternoon tea was served at Salutorget. So after a working day full of customer meetings I decided it was time to enjoy some tea and refill my head with new energy.

The afternoon tea menu is served between 14-18 o'clock and it has a very classic English profile with it´s:
  • Finger Sandwiches in form of toast Skagen (scrimps), cucumber with cream cheese and smoked turkey and horseradish
  • “Gudbrandsdalen” cheese quiche
  • Scones with home-made raspberry Jam, lemon curd and vanilla cream
  • Yorkshire fruit cake
  • Biscuits & Sweets
The serving, the entire menu and the location is very good looking. However, I found that the temperature of the served tea temperature was dropping to fast, so the black tea was too cold eating the menu.

The taste and texture of the food was to the plain side, so nothing exceptional.

For this afternoon tea I paid 30 € incl one glass of sparkling wine. I will give this experience 2½ stars.

This upcoming Sunday I will be enjoying high tea at Gasfabrikken, Horsens together with my good friends from Horsens. I hope I will be served hot tea at this high tea !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...