Today it is Easter Saturday, which is the third day in the Danish Easter vacation. Today we should enjoy some more wafers either for dessert.
Again today I have been testing as well as enjoying my new kitchen equipment (Tefal Snack Collection). The selected ingredient today is lemon together with liquorice (classic Danish flavour combination), as I have to make wafers using one or more of the assigned ingredients in form of lemon, cinnamon, apple, cumin and Greek yogurt.
As provider of the liquorice I used a combination of dark muscovado sugar, which has liquorice notes as well as liquid liquorice flavour. Liquorice powder could have been used as well.
Wafers with lemon and liquorice: - 5 wafers
- 250 g milk
- 1 eggs
- 5 g baking powder
- 50 g butter - melted
- 100 g dark muscovado sugar
- 150 g (cake) wheat flour
- ½ organic lemon - only the zest
- 3 drops of liquorice flavour
- Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add egg, melted butter and milk into the mixing bowl, while whipping.
- Add in extra liquorice flavour, if needed, and whip again.
- Let the wafer dough rest cold for 1 hour.
- Heat up the wafer equipment.
- Pour 2-3 spoonful of the wafer dough in the wafer equipment. Distribute the dough evenly.
- Bake the wafer for approx 4 minutes.
- Place the baked wafer on a oven grid, so the steam can disappeared, which ensures, that the wafer will become crisp.
- Serve with ice cream and/or jam.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.