Continuing with my rhubarb theme I will share this recipe on havrekager med rabarber (oat cookies with rhubarb). These cookies are very easy to make and the addition of the rhubarb pieces give freshness to the taste.
I wonder, if you can call these cookies healthy due to the oat flakes (beta glucan ) ? Anyway these cookies really needs to be enjoyed on the day of the baking, as they turn soft very fast.
Oat cookies with rhubarb: - 30 cookies
- 1 rhubarb - cleaned and cut into pieces of 1-1½ cm
- 150 g soft butter
- 85 g sugar
- 75 g oat flakes
- 125 g (cake) wheat flour
- Heat up the oven to 175'C.
- Whip the butter and sugar together with an electric whipper.
- Add the oat flakes and wheat flour and stir the cookies mass together.
- Use tea/table spoons to to place cookie dough balls on a baking tray covered with baking paper. There should be around 30 dough balls in total.
- Press the cookie dough ball into a more flat shape using your hand.
- Press the small rhubarb piece into the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies in the oven at 175 for approx 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down on a baking wire.
- Enjoy :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.