Rhubarb and vanilla is a very classic taste combination, so I decided to make a vanilla version of this rhubarb liqeuer as well. Some how I also think, that a combinatiton of rhubarb and fresh ginger could be interesting at a later stage.
I can not await to taste the outcome of this liqeuer production in 2-3 months time. I find I will make a bigger tasting session inviting friends and family around for the 2016 election of the fruit liqeuer.
Rhubarb liqeuer with vanilla:
- 250 g rhubarb - cleaned and chopped into smaller pieces
- 100 g sugar
- 350 ml vodka
- ½ vanilla pod - sliced open.
- Start by putting boiling water into the storage jar for 5 minutes.
- Empty the glass.
- Put the rhubarb pieces into the glass.
- Afterwards place the sugar on top together with the vanilla pod.
- Finally fill the vodka into the glass.
- Close the glass and shake it.
- Store the glass dark.
- Shake the glass regular until the sugar has been dissolved.
- After 2-3 months storage in the dark remove the rhubarb pieces and vanilla pod.
- Pour the rhubarb liqueur in a bottle.
- Store the filtered rhubard liqueur for another month.