I receive my weekly vegetable box yesterday, where I found a citrus fruit looking like an "older" lemon, which I thought was a bit unusual, as the citrus fruits normally are very, very fresh, when I receive my weekly vegetable boxes. When I found yet a second "older" looking lemon, and I started to get a bit annoyed with receiving these two "older" looking lemon.
After emptying my vegetable box I started to look into the weekly newsletter - Årstidernes weekly newsletter week 8/2012 - and I here I saw a recipe on bergamot-orange jam. And when I realised, what my "older" looking lemons actually were bergamot citrus fruit. It is also the very first time, that I see a bergamot in "real life" !!!!! And I am a big "user" of bergamot, as I drinking pot after pot of Earl Grey tea !!!!!
One glass of this bergamot-orange jam is already set as side for an upcoming afternoon tea with focus on Earl Grey tea, as I find this jam will fit perfect into the tea menu.
So I decided to make this bergamot-orange jam a la Årstiderne right here on the spot.
As this jam is made from citrus fruit and the sugar amount is quiet high, where is not need for adding pectin gelling powder, as the citrus fruit is a natural source of pectin.
Bergamot - orange jam a la Årstiderne:
- 2 bergamots - organic
- 2 oranges - organic
- 2 tablespoon of almonds - without skin
- 550 g sugar or 600 g sugar is more sweetness is preferred
- Wash the citrus fruits.
- Place the citrus fruits in a small cooking pot, which when is filled with water.
- Place the lid on the cooking pot. Let the citrus fruits boiled (softly) for 1 hour.
- Remove the citrus fruits and place them in a blender.
- Add almonds and sugar on top of the citrus fruits.
- Blend everything into a homogeneous mass.
- Prepare the jam glasses by filling them with boiling water. I do not use any preservatives in my home-made jam, so this is important to increase shelf-life of your jam. Another thing you can do is to store the jam cold afterwards.
- Fill the glass with jam and close the glass.
Thank for sharing this blog over here,ReplyDelete
Try Bergamot Essential Oil Bergamot helps in enhancing your mood and fights depression, anxiety and nervousness.