I found the original recipe on the these Lavender Dream cakes in the cooking/cake book "A piece of cake" by Leila Lindholm, here they were made with lavender flower. However, as the theme for afternoon tea was liquorice, I decided to exchange lavender with two types of liquorice powders.
If you addicted to liquorice as I am, you should find the strength of liquorice to be good/high. However, you could also find, that the liquorice flavour has into a burned flavour direction, which my tea guests did. So really consider to only use ½ the dosage of the two liquorice powders.
I will later on try out the original recipe using lavender flower as I am flower power girl. So my good girl friend in Horsens should watch out for these Lavender Dream, as they could give her yet another nightmare involving lavender.
Liquorice Dream: - 20 pieces
- 100 g butter - soft
- 110 g sugar
- 160 g cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ammonium bicarbonate
- 2 teaspoon English liquorice powder
- 1 tablespoon raw liquorice powder
- Heat the oven to 170'C (conventional oven)
- Mix the soft butter and sugar together into a homogeneous mass
- Add the ammonium bicarbonate and liquorice powder into this butter.sugar mass
- Add the flour into the mass as well, the cake mass will now look like a crumble mass
- Form this cake mass into small buns. Place them on baking paper.
- Bake the liquorice Dream at 170'C for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool down and store them a cookie tin/glass
- Enjoy together with a cup of coffee/tea.