We have a tradition in my rowing club relating to the use Toms Guldkarameller (caramel coated in dark chocolate), when we have rowed more than 1500 km within the rowing season (from end of Marhk to end of October). If you row more than 1500 km within a rowing season, you will receive a "golden ore" as a piece of jewellery to celebrate this achievement. As a thank you to your fellow rowers, you will "feed" them with Toms Guldkarameller for rowing together with you, as it is a team effort to row this long distance.
I will be passing my 1500 km this evening on the weekly row with the "Fyn Rundt" team, so I am bringing these muffins with Guldkarameller baked into the muffin for my team mates.
I have used exactly the same recipe as I used yesterday, when I baked the GOLD chocolate cake, now the cake is just turned into muffins instead of.
- 175 g (cake) flour
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder (without sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 50 g milk
- 50 g orange juice
- 100 g Toms guldkarameller
- Heat the oven to 200'C
- Whip butter and sugar together.
- Add baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- Add the eggs and whip.
- Add milk and orange juice and whip together.
- Add the (cake) flour and whip again.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir it well into the cake mix.
- Fill muffin form with paper muffin form.
- First add some of the muffin mix into the muffin form.
- When place the unpacked "guldkarameller" on top, before you fill the rest of the muffin mix on top.
- Bake the muffins at 200'C for 25 minutes.