Today the young rowers at my rowing club got a visit from the Olympic rowers Anne Lolk & Juliane Elander and the opportunity to actually row together with these two Olympians, which rowed themselves to an amazing forth place in Olympian final in lightweight doublesculle.
As I am not an youth rower, I have "bribed" myself into meeting these Olympians by offering to bring cake to this arrangement. I was not in any doubt as to which cake to bake for these two Olympians and youth rowers, they should off cause have a GOLD chocolate cake for their great achievement at the Olympic Games in London 2012 and their job for promoting rowing to all ages.
Wauw, these two rowing ladies have star quality. They are so natural, without any "bad star manners", they talked about, that they still have technical parts of their own, which they need to focus on like the youth rowers. They also mentioned, that England was great in making good rowing competition with great atmosphere.
And yes, I got a picture taken of me standing together with these amazing rowers !!!!
Classic Chocolate Cake and Toms Guldkarameller (caramels coated in dark chocolate). The reason for using these caramels, you will learn more about in tomorrow´s blog posting.
A small remark after cutting the cake is, that you should place a bottom layer of the cake mix in the baking form first, before you add the Guldkarameller, as they are forming a caramellic bottom layer otherwise
|This is not the best thing to do !!!!!|
- 175 g (cake) flour
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder (without sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 50 g milk
- 50 g orange juice
- 100 g Toms guldkarameller
- Heat the oven to 175'C
- Whip butter and sugar together.
- Add baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- Add the eggs and whip.
- Add milk and orange juice and whip together.
- Add the (cake) flour and whip again.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir it well into the cake mix.
- Fill a cake form (20 x 30 cm) with baking paper.
- First fill a bottom layer of cake mix, when add the unpacked "guldkarameller" in.
- Fill the cake mix on top.
- Bake the cake at 175'C for 45 minutes.