|Day 0 for the l|
As you are using the peel of lemon, I would strongly recommend you to use organic lemon, as these lemons are not treated with un-wanted things. So therefore I made an extra order together with my weekly vegetable box from Årstiderne. And I got 10 lemons, so therefore I have started a "new production" of limoncello.
I am really looking to enjoy this lemon flavoured vodka ice cold dreaming about excellent Italian food and Italy.
Limoncello a la Louisa Lorang: - 4 dl vodka drink
- 3 organic lemon - only the peel is used
- 3 dl vodka with neutral taste
- 1½ dl water
- 100 g sugar
- Add boiling water into the storage glass
- Peel the lemons with potato peeler, avoid to have to much of the white part of the peel.
- Empty the storage glass for boiling water.
- Place the lemon peels in the storage glass. Pour vodka on top of the lemon peels.
- Let the vodka and lemon peel rest for 6-8 days.
- Make a sugar syrup from boiling water and sugar together. Cool the sugar syrup down, before adding it to the lemon vodka.
- Remove the lemon peel 1 day after addition of the sugar syrup.
- Fill the lemon flavoured vodka into a bottle, which has been scalded.
- Store the lemon flavoured vodka in the refrigerator.
- Serve the lemon flavoured vodka ice cold with ice cubes.
|After addition of the sugar syrup|