Many times guests would like to have an alcohol free alternative to gløgg (mulled wine) in connections with Christmas visits. As other alcohol-free alternatives to gløgg you could also serve cherry gløgg.
This year I decided only to use raisins and mulberries (brought in Malmö) as ingredients in my apple gløgg. You could also have added some almond splits as well.
Apple Gløgg: - 15-20 servings
- 3 l apple juice
- spice bag with
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 star anis
- 3 cloves
- 2 all spice
- 4 cardamon kernels
- 200 g mixture of raisins and mulberries
- Place the spices in a plastic bag, which is hit several times by a baking roll.
- Pour the spices into paper tea bag, which is closed by a knot.
- Pour the apple juice into a big cooking pot and add the spice bag into the apple juice.
- Heat up the apple juice.
- Store the apple juice with spice bag cold for 12-24 hours.
- Heat up the apple juice with the spice bag and mixture of raisins and mulberries to the boil.
- Serve the apple gløgg hot in glasses.
- Enjoy and have a safe drive home :-)