Saffron Christmas kougelhopf: - 1 cake
- 250 g kougelhopf flour mix
- 40 g sultana raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 10 g sugar
- 12 g fresh yeast
- 120 g water
- almonds for top decoration
- Icing sugar - optional
- Dissolve the yeast in the water in the mixing bowl.
- Grinding the saffron and sugar together in the morter. Mix into the yeast liquid.
- Add in the flour mix, knead the dough on stand alone mixer, first 3 minutes on speed 1 followed by 10 minutes on speed 4.
- Add in the raisins and knead until they are distributed homogeneously in the dough.
- Let the dough raise at 20'C for 1 hour.
- Place almonds in the bottom of the kougelhopf form. Place the dough in the form on top of the almonds.
- Let the dough raise in the form at 30'C for 1½ hour.
- Heat up the oven (conventional) to 160'C.
- Bake the kougelhopf in the lower of the oven at 160'C for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool down the cake, before it is removed from the form.
- Before serving the kougelhopf sprinkle it with icing sugar.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.