Aquavita is a key ingredients in connection with Christmas lunches. And aquavita with various flavours are very popular during Christmas time. This Christmas aquavita is actually the most popular Christmas Calendar posting from 2011.
It is good to break the usual routine and try new versions, so when I found this recipe on a Christmas aquavita a la Blomsterberg in the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 47/2015), I had to make it for Christmas this year. I love the use of various spices together with citrus fruits.
Christmas Aquavita a la Blomsterberg:
- 1 muscat nut - cut into half
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- 3 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1 bay leave
- ½ organic lime - only the peel
- ½ organic lemon - only the peel
- ½ l aquavita with neutral taste (klar Brøndum)
- Open up the vanilla pod, but let the vanilla corns remain inside the pod.
- Place the muscat nu, vanilla pod, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leave, lime peel and lemon peel in a clean bottle.
- Pour the aquavita in the bottle on top of the ingredients.
- Let the aquavita remain with the ingredients for 5 days, before removing the ingredients.
- Shake the bottle every day.
- Remove the ingredients, Pour the aquavita through a sieve as well as a coffee filter, before the aquavita is poured into a new clean bottle.
- Store in a dark place.