Today Tuesday is White Tuesday, so the day where you in preparation for the fast will use up all your wheat flour and milk in your kitchen. Milk and flour is some of the main ingredients in pancakes, so therefore White Tuesday is also known as Pancake Day.
I have used this Femina almond pancakes as starting for these pancakes.
These pancakes i being forwarded to the monthly blogging event Tea Time Treats having the theme of pancakes, crepes, hotcakes and waffles. Tea Time Treat is managed by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers.
Almond pancakes: - 20 small pancakes
- 65 g (cake) wheat flour
- 55 g almond flour
- 30 g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g milk
- 3 eggs
- 30 g melted butter
- 1 dl dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- butter for frying
- Add wheat flour, almond flour, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Whip in the milk.
- Whip in the eggs
- Add in the melted butter, while stirring.
- Whip the dairy whipping cream into light foam.
- Gentle stir in the whipped cream.
- Heat butter on a frying pan.
- Place large spoonful of the pancake dough on the hot pan.
- Bake the pancakes 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm.