SWEET TREAT FOR YOUR SWEET HEART
A little sweet for your own sweet heart. To turn this fudge into a more Valentine style sweet treat, white chocolate and freeze-dried raspberries were added after the cooking step.
I was quiet uncertain, when to add in the white chocolate, as I did not want to burn the chocolate, and yet I still wanted to melt the chocolate into the fudge. So I decided to add the white chocolate half way in the whipping process. The addition of something with a lower temperature gives a faster drop in temperature of the fudge mass, so you have to stop the whipping some minutes earlier, as the fudge mass suddenly seams to set in the mixing bowl.
You can first taste the raspberries, when you bite into a piece of freeze-dried raspberry.
- 1 tin of 397 g sweetened condensed milk
- 450 g sugar
- 265 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- 150 g white chocolate - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries
- Mix the condensed milk, sugar and cream together in a large saucepan. Boil up this mass, while you stir regular. Cook the mass up to 115'C.
- Pour the fudge mass in a whipping bowl. Whip the fudge mass on speed 2 for 7-8 minutes. After 5 minutes whipping add in the chopped white chocolate an freeze-dried raspberries.
- Cover a baking form with baking paper.
- Fill the fudge mass into this form.
- Let the mass cool down
- When the fudge is firm enough, cut it into squares of 2 x 2 cm each
- Store the fudge in an airtight container.