When I first notice this recipe on this edamane hummus by Louisa Lorang in the weekly magazine "Alt for Damerne" and afterwards as well on the blog louisalorang.dk - Jeg er stadig sulten, I knew, that I had to try this recipe out in my small kitchen.
I really like the colour and the texture of this humus, but the flavour is too bland/uninspiring for me, so another time I will make a green humus, I will go for humus of edam beans and peas instead of. I find this humus to be a "funny" mixture of humus and guacamole without merging these two wonderful products into an even more excellent food item, so I will not make this humus again in my kitchen.
You can served this humus as dip to raw vegetable, as sandwich spread, with bread or omelet.
- 50 g cashew nuts - soaked in water for 2-24 hours in the refrigerator
- 200 g edam beam without rind
- 1 small of garlic
- ½ dl freshly squeezed lime juice - 2-3 limes
- 2 avocados
- 1 handful of coriander
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Blend all the ingredients together to a homogeneous mass.
- Can be stored cold in the refrigerator for 1-1½ day.