February 23, 2016

Edam humus



When I first notice this recipe on this edamane hummus by Louisa Lorang in the weekly magazine "Alt for Damerne" and afterwards as well on the blog louisalorang.dk - Jeg er stadig sulten, I knew, that I had to try this recipe out in my small kitchen.

I really like the colour and the texture of this humus, but the flavour is too bland/uninspiring for me, so another time I will make a green humus, I will go for humus of edam beans and peas instead of. I find this humus to be a "funny" mixture of humus and guacamole without merging these two wonderful products into an even more excellent food item, so I will not make this humus again in my kitchen.

You can served this humus as dip to raw vegetable, as sandwich spread, with bread or omelet.

Edam humus:

  • 50 g cashew nuts - soaked in water for 2-24 hours in the refrigerator
  • 200 g edam beam without rind
  • 1 small of garlic
  • ½ dl freshly squeezed lime juice - 2-3 limes
  • 2 avocados
  • 1 handful of coriander
  • salt & pepper for seasoning
  1. Blend all the ingredients together to a homogeneous mass.
  2. Enjoy
  3. Can be stored cold in the refrigerator for 1-1½ day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...