Today Tuesday is White Tuesday, so the day where you in preparation for the fast will use up all your wheat flour and milk in your kitchen. Milk and flour is some of the main ingredients in pancakes, so therefore White Tuesday is also known as Pancake Day.
I have used this Femina recipe on pancakes with marinated cherries as starting for these pancakes with Amarena cherries as extra touch.
These pancakes i being forwarded to the monthly blogging event Tea Time Treats having the theme of pancakes, crepes, hotcakes and waffles. Tea Time Treast is managed by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers.
Pancakes with Amarena cherries: - 10-12 small pancakes
- 1 egg
- 60 g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 100 g (cake) wheat flour
- 100 g milk
- 10 g melted butter
- butter for frying
- Amarena cherries
- Whip the egg, vanilla sugar and sugar into a foamy mass.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the egg mass, and stir well.
- Afterwards stir in the milk and melted butter.
- Heat butter on a frying pan.
- Place large spoonful of the pancake dough on the hot pan.
- Bake the pancakes 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the pancakes warm with Amarena cherries.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.