SWEET LOVE SCONE
The Valentine Day continues with some more heart shaped baked goods, this time in form of scones made with plenty of love or actually with Kusmi Sweet Love tea instead of the more usual milk.
I usually bake scones at 250'C, however as most silicone forms can not withstand such high temperatures, I lowered the baking temperature to 220'C in combination with increased baking time (10-15 minutes extra).
The use of Sweet Love tea gives a nice spicy, yet delicate flavou touch to these scones.
Valentine scones with Sweet Love: - 9 pieces
- 450 g cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 60 g sugar
- 125 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2 dl strong Sweet Love tea (Kusmi tea)
- Heat the oven (conventional) to 220'C.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
- Grind the butter pieces into the flour mix.
- Make some strong tea
- Add the egg to the warn tea and whip it together.
- Mix tea-egg and flour-butter together without kneading it a dough.
- Place the dough on a pieces of baking paper.
- Flatten the dough into a height of 3 cm.
- Use a glass to cut out scone pieces or place some of the dough in heart sharped silicone form.
- Bake the scone at 220'C for 20-25 minutes.