Again a cauliflower had found it´s way into a weekly vegetable box, which was placed outside my kitchen door :-( Cauliflower is not one of favourite vegetable, actually it is located on my "DO NOT LIST" together with egg plant and fennel.
Well something had to be done, and I did not feel like juicing it, as it not tasting very good in juice, so the only option for me was to turn into soup. This time I was more happy about the consistency and the taste of this soup with cauliflower. At the same time my mother also receive two portions like private senior meal service.
One good thing about soup is, that you easily make a big portion for next day´s meal or freeze it down for an easy evening meal later on.
Cauliflower mushrooms soup: - 6 servings
- 1 onion - roughly chopped
- 1 big cauliflower or 2 small cauliflower - roughly chopped
- 250 g mushrooms - roughly chopped
- 1.75 l vegetable stock
- 2½ dl dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Put all the vegetables and vegetable stock into one large cooking pot.
- Cook everything for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend everything into homogeneous mass.
- Add the cream.
- Bring the soup to the boil again.
- Serve together with bread or crispbread.