I really enjoy to make risotto at home. It is not, that difficult to make yourselves. At the time being it is risotto with mushrooms, which I keep make again and again. Both the taste and smell of the white wine during the cooking and while eating is just wonderful.
I always make a big portion, so I can easily can enjoy risotto on work evenings, simply by heating a risotto portion in the microwave oven.
Risotto with mushrooms - serves 4
- 1 chalotte, minces to small pieces
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 250 g risotto rice
- 2 dl white wine
- 5 dl vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon butter
- basil - optional
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan
- Add the minced onions
- Afterwards add the mushrooms, fry for 1 minute
- Add the rice and thyme
- First pour the white wine to rice. Let the rice absorb the wine
- Afterwards slowly add the vegetable broth in smaller portions. Let the rice absorb the liquid before adding more. This cooking approx takes 15-20 minutes.
- Season with pepper.
- Add butter and let it melted into the risotto
- Serves together with grated parmesan and basil.