Today´s recipe is the last recipe in this year Christmas Calendar 2012, and we are so close to Christmas, I decided to keep it simple !! I have been giving a Danish twist to these sugar and spice almonds by exchanging the cinnamon with liquorice powder, as we Danes need "tons" of liquorice in order to keep up our blood pressure during the dark, rainy and grey Danish Winter.
Roasted liquorice almonds:
- 60 g icing sugar
- 4 teaspoons English liquorice powder
- 200 g almonds
- Preheat the (conventional) oven to 180'C.
- Mix icing sugar and liquorice powder together. Sift this sugar mix together twice.
- Rinse the almonds in cold water, shake them well.
- Cover a baking dish with baking paper. Place the wet almonds in the dish. Add the icing sugar over the almonds, mix the almonds and sugar very well together.
- Roast the almonds in the oven at 180'C for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through the roasting time.
- Cool down the almonds, separate them from each other and place them in an airtight container.