This is always a scary situation to share you version of another person´s favourite with this person. Is it living up to this person exceptation or not. In this case we both survived this "test baking" of mine. And all other people, who afterwards have eaten these croissant cookies likes them a lot.
Croissants à la vanille:
- 250 (cake) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 125 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 egg yolk
- 125 g almond flour
- 200 g butter - cut into small piece
- icing sugar
- vanilla sugar
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and egg yolk into the mixing bowl.
- Afterwards add the almond flour and butter
- Knead the cookie dough together, until it is smooth.
- Leave to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat up the (conventional oven) to 175'C.
- Divide the dough into ball with the size of walnuts. Roll them in small cylinder shape and tighten the end to form a "croissant" shape.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Place the "croissant" on the baking paper.
- Bake them in the upper part of the oven at 175'C for 15 minutes.
- Leave the cookies to cool down, before they are sprinkled with a mix of icing and vanilla sugar.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.