Today´s blog post is at the same time my contribution for the monthly blog event "Tea Time Table", which is hosted by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked. In December is Kate, who is monthly host and she has selected chocolate as the theme for December.
Marzipan role with nougat: - 2 medium seize roles
- 400 g marzipan
- 200 g nougat
- 100 g dark chocolate
- walnuts - optional
- Start by rolling the marzipan thin. I sprinkle with icing sugar below and on top of the marzipan and move it around after some rolling movements, so it does not stick to the surface.
- Heat op the nougat slightly in the microwave oven. Stir it into a workable structure.
- Add the nougat on top of the marzipan in a thin layer.
- Role the marzipan into a role.
- Melt the dark chocolate. I use the microwave oven for this purpose.
- Coat all sides of the marzipan role with dark chocolate.
- Finish by adding walnuts on top of the marzipan roles.