I found this suggestion on making kardemommelikør (cardamon liqueur) on the blog called "Klidmoster",as I have some kind of attraction towards cardamon as spice, I decided to make a bottle of cardamom liqueur for me self and my various Christmas guests.
Cardamon liqueur a la Klidmoster:
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g water
- 30 cardamon kernels - being crushed in a bag using a baking roll
- 250 g vodka
- Start by adding boiling water to a glass bottle.
- Add sugar and water into a cooking pot together with the cardamon kernels, heat this sugar syrup up to the boiling point.
- Empty the glass bottle for water, and pour the sugar syrup with cardamon kernels into this bottles.
- Fill up the bottle with vodka. Shake everything together.
- Shake the bottle every day.
- Let the vodka extract the flavour for 10-14 days.
- Pour the cardamon liqueur through a sieve.
- Fill the sieved cardamon liqueur into a new clean bottle, which is stored cold in the refrigerator .