After I have used my silicone Madeleine form from Tupperware for my very first Madeleines, I decided to try out the Madeleine with lemon recipe, which I got together with the Tupperware form with a few Christmas twist in form of vanilla sugar and pickled ginger. It is a good recipe on Madeleines, but if you would like to make perfect, excellent Madeleines with great taste and texture, you should go for the Madeleine recipe from "Hjemmebagt".
Anyway my two French colleagues were impressed over, that I had baked these Madeleine in connection with a meeting at work, and they also liked the taste of them. So give them a try, if you do not have the baking book "Hjemmebagt".
Madeleines with ginger, lemon and vanilla: - 14 pieces
- 2 eggs - divide into egg yolk and egg white
- 100 g sugar
- 120 g (cake) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- zest of ½ organic lemon
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger - diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 80 g butter
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
- Whip the egg white into a stiff foam
- Add the egg yolk and sugar and whip again.
- Add flour, baking powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, pickled ginger, vanilla sugar and butter and whip a homogeneous mass.
- Fill the dough into the Madeleine form, do not fill the entire hole, as the dough will run over and it is more tricky to bake the Madeleines evenly.
- Bake the Madeleine at 200'C for 12-15 minutes in the middle of the oven.