So what did I need the alcoholic fruit from the various fruit alcohols, which I separated yesterday, for ?
Well, I needed the fruit pieces to make a new type of Christmas Candy (known as julekonfekt in Denmark), which I have never tested out before. Instead of the usual marzipan role with an inner core of soft nougat, I decided to replace the nougat core with mashed alcoholic fruit.
I have noticed, when I knead alcoholic fruit pieces together with marzipan followed by coating with chocolate, it can take quiet a long time before the chocolate will actually dry. So my thought was to cover the alcoholic fruit with marzipan on the outside for a faster drying of the chocolate coating. And it did actually work very good.
|Ready to role|
Marzipan role with alcoholic fruit: - 1 big role
- 300 g marzipan
- 225 g alcoholic blackberries
- 50 g alcoholic raspberries
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Start by rolling the marzipan thin. I sprinkle with icing sugar below and on top of the marzipan and move it around after some rolling movements, so it does not stick to the surface.
- Mash the alcoholic berries together. Add the mashed berries on top of the marzipan in a thin layer.
- Role the marzipan into a role.
- Melt the dark chocolate. I use the microwave oven for this purpose.
- Coat all sides of the marzipan role with dark chocolate.
|The final marzipan role|
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.