This is another key ingredients to Greek yogurt with rhubarb compote and honey roasted muesli, where I found the recipe in the weekly magazine Femina (issue 27/2013). I have made several changes to the original magazine recipe, as I wanted to use various ingredients available in my kitchen instead buying similar ingredients.
The changes are: walnuts have replaced hazel nuts, as I dislike hazel nuts. The coarsed rolled oat flakes was replaced by a combination of finely rolled oat flakes and barley flakes. And as I "ran out of" liquid honey I used a mix of liquid honey and dark sugar syrup.
Honey roasted muesli:
|Oat flakes during roasting|
- 100 g almonds
- 100 g walnuts
- 3 dl finely rolled oat flakes
- 1 dl finely rolled barley flakes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2½ dl liquid honey
- ½ dl dark sugar syrup
- 1-1½ dl raisins
- Roast the almond and walnuts together in an oven (conventional) in the upper part of the oven at 200'C for 10 minutes.
- Cold down the nuts and chop them roughly afterwards.
- Mix oat flakes, barley flakes and salt together on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Pour honey and sugar syrup over the flakes, and mix everything together.
Oat flakes after roasting
- After 15 minutes at 200'C reduce the heat to 100'C and roast for another 10 minutes. Continue to turn the flakes around every 5 minutes.
- Let the oat and barley flakes cold down.
- Mix the roasted nuts and honey roasted oat and barley flakes together with raisins.