These liquorice almonds is based on this recipe from Lakrids.nu - lakridsmandler, and I have no changes at all. I like to try out the originale recipe, before I decided, if a twist or two could make some interesting changes.
Perhaps you could sprinkle them with English liquorice powder, if you would like even more liquorice taste ?
Liquorice almonds a la Lakrids:
|Ready, steady, cook|
- 100 g almonds
- 85 g sugar
- 50 g water
- 1 teaspoon raw liquorice powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet liquorice powder
- Place all the ingredients in a pan.
- Heat the mixture up over high heat, while stirring well.
- First the mixture is very active with plenty of boiling spots.
- Once the mixture is thickened (until it no longer flows our acrosse the pan).
- Pour the almonds on a piece of baking paper, distribute the almonds evenly.
- After 5 minutes cooling time you can split the almonds, which are sticking to each other.
- After final cool down, store the almonds in an air thight container.
First part of cooking
|At end of cooking|