It is time to bake some cookies for the Christmas festive season. These cookies are very easy to make, as you do not spend at lot of time on getting the shape right, as you can easily do with some of the more traditional Danish Christmas buttercookies. For some of the tradtional Christmas buttercookies you need to spend time on rolling the cookie dough into a certain height, followed by cutting the dough into specific shapes, kneading the left over cookie dough and rooling it out again and start the cutting process again !!!
With these cookies you simply roll the cookie dough into the shape of "sausages", as we call it here in Denmark, leave the dough to cool down in the refrigerator followed by cutting slices of the cookie "sausages" with a size of 1 cm, place each slice on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Much easier it can not get !!!
And will you are making the cookie dough, make an extra portion, which you can use a very personalised hostess gift, so a dear person of yours can bake their own home-made cookies for Christmas. You can easily freeze down this cookie dough.
I took the inspiration for this Christmas cookies from this recipe on cookies with ginger and white chocolate, using cranberries and white chocolate bringing the red and white colours, which are soo traditional for a traditional Danish Christmas.
Cookies with cranberry and white chocolate:
- 125 g butter - soft
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2½ dl (cake) flour
- ½ dl oat flakes
- ½ tea spoon baking powder
- 1/4 tea spoon salt
- 100 g white chocolate
- 50 g dried cranberries
- Whip the soft butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg into the butter-egg mass and whip again.
- Add flour, oat flakes, baking powder and salt into the cookie dough.
- Break the white chocolate into smaller pieces and stir them and dried cranberries into the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough to a height of 5 cm.
- Wrap the cookie dough in cling film.
- Let the cookie dough rest in the refrigerator for minimum 1 hour or night over or place it in the freezer for ½ hour.
- Heat the oven (conventional oven) to 200'C.
- Cut the cookie roll into pieces of 1 cm and place those on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for approx 10-12 minutes.